Name:
Location: Las Vegas

Stephan, Betsy, Sean, Selina, Nicole, Theresa and David have been dreaming of this trip for years.

Sunday, August 07, 2005

Pilgrims and Tourists

We are both pilgrims and tourists. Does that make us Purists?

I have spent my limited blog time recording mainly our experiences as pilgrims. I could go on and on and on about our experiences as tourists. I love Italy. I have been treated graciously and yelled at like a dog. I have been moved to tears by an old person begging and called a fascist by a young one. I was awakened out of a dead sleep by a woman shreeking in Italian. She was yelling at me and my entire family. I was sleeping with my shoes on the seat across from me. Appearently this is an offense punishable by fines and, for a second offense, being thrown from the moving train. The Italian trains are filthy but I guess they want to hold onto at least a semblance of dignity. I didn't want to ruin her day but I did hollar back in the style of an Italian that she was free to educate me but that she should never yell at may family again. Times running out. Caio!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home